For a passionate gamer, the mainboard, memory, hard drive, processor, graphics card, power supply unit and housing are part of the basic equipment of the PC, and the headset should always be close at hand.
When playing computer games over a network (now also over the Internet with programs such as TeamSpeak), the players in a group can use a headset to exchange their strategies. That is why a headset is an important tool.
Headset always at hand
Required material for the implementation of the idea:
- 2 x Ringmagnet Ø 20.0 x 10.0 x 6.0 mm N44 nickel – holds 7.9 kg
- Curtain rail with moveable hooks (in this case from IKEA)
- String / Rope or Cord
- Velcro cable ties
Flexible headset holder – DIY
- Mount the curtain rail on the ceiling
- Attach the ring magnet to a string
The length should be adjustable with the help of a non-self-closing loop
- Attach the Velcro cable tie including the ring magnet to the headset
I could hang my headset over the desk. Now I can grab it from above whenever I need it. So that the magnets do not collide with one another without being dampened when hanging, the magnet should be completely enclosed by the Velcro tape. In addition, the headset’s cable was routed around the rail. My movement is no longer restricted.
Thank you for sending us your magnetic idea!