Who does not know that, you buy a pleated blind and the plastic angles supplied are so ugly that an alternative is needed. Our customer thought the same thing and, with the help of our products he made a magnetic fastening for pleated blinds.
You can create a quick and easy magnetic fastening for pleated blinds yourself within a few minutes.
The magnetic fastenings for pleated blinds were made using the following products:
- 4x Neodymium pot magnet Ø 16.0 x 4.5 mm, thread M6x8, 6 kg
- 4x metal disc Ø 20 galvanized with double-sided adhesive tape
- 4 x matching nuts for thread M6 x 8
- Number of desired pleated blinds
- Benzene and a cloth to clean the window frames
Without the help of any tools, you can create a magnetic attachment for pleated blinds as follows:
- Before gluing on the metal discs, clean the window frame at the desired location with cleaning benzene (this will make it easier to remove the panes later)
- Attach the metal discs to the upper section of the window frame first, then to the lower section
- Let the pot magnets adhere to the metal discs
- Tension the pleated cords of the upper section downwards and attach them to the threaded pins of the pot magnets
- Fix these pleated cords with a suitable nut