„From old to new“! This is the motto of this application. Simple chess pieces as furniture handles for a shelf.
Furniture handles made out of chess pieces
Materials and tools used to create the furniture handles:
When using the magnets, attention should be paid to the polarity in order to avoid unwanted repulsion.
- Wood (roll)
- Glue and industrial glue
- Milling machine
- A Drill
- Plexiglass panel
Necessary work steps for processing the pieces into furniture handles:
- Mark the desired width of the individual magnet holder blanks on the wooden roll
- Turn the blanks from the wooden roll, cut into slices and cut in the middle
- At first drill the required holes for the magnets in the magnet holder
- Insert the magnets and glue them from behind
- Now mill this into the desired shape
- The hole needs to be drilled in the underside of the chess pieces
- Again, insert the magnets and glue them together
- Attach the magnetic holder to the inside of the shelf
- Glue the finished chess piece to the colorful plexiglass panes with the help of industrial glue and let them adhere to the pre-assembled magnetic holder
Plexiglass panes that cover the individual shelves can be easily removed using the attached chess piece.