The topic of today’s magnet application is: pin board magnets as playing figures.
Our customer has recreated a classic game „Mensch ärgere dich nicht“ in a stable and durable way at home. Our magnets were used as play figures.
Own creation game „LUDO“
These materials and magnets were used to create the game board::
- Wooden board (square)
- Sheet metal (also square, approx. 5 cm smaller than the board)
- Metal drill and milling cutter
- Screws and screwdrivers
- Yellow, red, blue, green and white colors for the game board
- Lacquer or paint in gold and silver for the dice
- White pencil for the points on the dice
- Metal jars for storing the cubes
- Pin board magnets 4 x each small cone magnet Ø 12 mm with neodymium – holds 1.6 kg – blue, small cone magnet Ø 12 mm with neodymium – holds 1.6 kg – red, small cone magnet Ø 12 mm with neodymium – holds 1.6 kg – yellow , small cone magnet Ø 12 mm with neodymium – holds 1.6 kg – green
Their adhesive force of 1.6 kg per cone magnet is just right for this application.
Pinboard magnets as game pieces
- Apply the felt to the underside of the magnetic pins with an adhesive – this reduces the adhesive force of the small but powerful magnets. This does not affect their function.
- Paint the cubes with gold and silver paint or varnish – then let them dry.
- Use a white pencil to draw the corresponding number on each of the dice.
- Paint metal boxes in the colors gold and silver and let them dry well – these are used to store the corresponding dice.
Our office magnets are not only suitable for the refrigerator, pin board, blackboard, memo board or whiteboard, but also for the creative ideas of our customers.
Wow! With this unique game, childhood memories are brought to life! We hope you enjoy playing!