Our customers needed childproof drawers in their homes. With the help of our products you have achieved the perfect drawer security.
The problem is well known: the toddler begins to crawl and crawl and nothing is safe anymore in the apartment. Drawers and doors in particular have a magical attraction for children – like magnets!
This drawer of a kitchen cabinet has a fixed handle on the inside.
Unlike in an example in the blog, there is no handle on the outside by means of a hole that can be used as a fixation point for magnets or metals.
The solution: fixation of magnets on the inside of the drawer front.
Assembly instructions child Safe drawer lock
- 1 Discmagnet Ø 20.0 x 5.0 mm N42 nickel – holds 6.1 kg was used per drawer
- A Frenzel drill with a 20 mm diameter was used
- Drilling machine
- Magnet holder – used as a handle
- Discmagnet Ø 20.0 x 2.0 mm N45 nickel – holds 2.5 kg
- Since the wood is too thick for normal magnets (> 1 cm) and fixation is made easier, a Frenzel drill is used on the inside of the drawer to drill an exactly 2 cm diameter hole up to approx. 5 mm remaining depth of the wood.
- Fit discmagnets with a diameter of 20 mm.
- The height is at least 1 cm.
- Depending on the thickness of the wood, the magnets can also be completely sunk.
Caution: do not drill too deep!
- Pay attention to the alignment of the magnets and then fix the magnets with a piece of fabric tape on the inside of the drawer.
Invisible locking device
- After removing the handle, the drawer is now “Baby-Safe”.
- The drawer can now be opened easily with two disc magnets lying on top of each other.
- Here an old curtain rod holder was used as an assembly aid.
- Found the roughly center of the drawer.
- The magnet adheres automatically.
- Mask off the outer surfaces of the magnets with fabric tape so that no scratches can occur on the surface of the drawer.
This fuse is perfect for drawers, cupboards and chests of drawers or windows. Some objects put children at risk. Children’s hands are small, they get to dangerous places, which can lead to their fingers being pinched. This locking mechanism protects the little ones from possible injuries. This child safety device is also suitable for doors.